Jen Morris is a Melbourne-based consultant, writer, researcher and speaker with a special interest in health and healthcare.
Her extensive personal experience in the healthcare system – alongside her academic background in science, bioethics, politics and science communication – bring a unique combination of insights and perspectives to her work.
She first emerged as a powerful patient advocate through her submission and evidence to the Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into the Performance of the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Since that time, she has become a sought-after and passionate contributor to research, dialogue, publications, education and advocacy in the following areas of healthcare:
- Quality and safety
- Patient engagement
- Consumer perspectives and rights
- Regulation and compliance
- Communication of health messages to the public
- Healthcare and online platforms (including social media)
- Complaints resolution processes
- Medical error
- Healthcare and disability
Through her consultancy business, Jen offers the following services in her fields of interest:
- Writing (journalistic, educational, narrative, technical and speech)
- Public speaking
- Research work and assistance
- Workshop and conference facilitation
- Conference, workshop, consultation and round-table participation
- Proofreading, editing and usability testing of websites and publications
- Patient/consumer perspectives advice on publications, services, programs or initiatives